A few things have triggered this morning’s topic:
- changing our background to this “skating girl”, which brings to mind the feeling of exhilaration there can be when you’re enjoying an outdoor, winter sport;
- this morning’s Proverbs talk about “glowing health”;
- “glowing” fits with the theme of LIGHT, the season of Epiphany; :)
- health fits with most people’s ambitions for the New Year;
- a new treadmill has settled the Resolutions in this house, without even having to think about it!
The fitness club membership can now be “shut down”, but The Mom is finding it just a little hard to think about, since they’ve had it for over 20 years! She was pregnant with The Boy, when they bought the “lifetime” membership. But now since there is no more pool, no more hot tub, and new weight machines that seem harder to work… The catch about having a “fitness club” in your basement though, is that you have to work out your schedule–since there’s only one machine. The good thing, is that The Mom can dress for bed right after her shower, and doesn’t have to blow-dry her hair (like she had to at the Club). The part to work out, is how to eat less for supper so that she doesn’t get a “stitch” while treading the mill. Well, eating less is a good thing too! In fact, as much as we want to believe that we can eat as much as we want–since we’ll work it off later–that just isn’t true!
“Don’t assume that you know it all.
Run to GOD! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!”