This is stolen from an lj friend, who stole it from someone else! :)
Don’t think about these too much. Choose fifteen books you have read that will always stick with you – the first fifteen you can recall in no more than a few minutes. Copy the instructions into your own post.
I’ll count series as one, otherwise the list might only be two lines long:
- Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers
- Narnia Chronicles by C. S. Lewis
- Nancy Rue’s American historical fiction books written for primary children, with a Christian focus–there’s a whole slew of them, and they’re so well written.
- the Harry Potter books
- Anne of Green Gables
- The Lord of the Rings books
- This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti
- the Mitford books by Jan Karon–presently going through for the second time–LOVE them!!
- Two From Galilee by Marjorie Holmes
- Charles Dickens’ Christmas books
- Little Women, though I haven’t read that for a loooong time
- John, Son of Thunder by Ellen Gunderson Traylor (this should be closer to a #1 favourite)
- Nancy Drew mysteries–during my "head-stuck-in-a-book" time as a pre-teen
- Falco series–a newer series about a detective in Roman times, written in a modern style (by Ellis Peters, I think?)
- The Bible… ha ha! Sorry, having trouble thinking of 15 in a few minutes; but after all–if you count the numbers in the series, it would really add up!!
Amazing that a LOT of those are children’s stories, that I still enjoy reading! And you can see that the ones that "really stick with you", you have no trouble remembering the author. (‘Course, the obvious ones aren’t necessarily mentioned, in my list.)
Walk to Rivendell: Our camp is high enough for Merry to see the Loudwater far in the distance!