Some days, you wonder if someone’s been teasing you, and nothing is really as good as it’s seemed. Maybe you’ve just been trying to see things in the best light, and then you wonder if you’ve been fooling yourself–convinced yourself of something that isn’t true… looking at the world “through rose-coloured glasses”. Or, looking back on past years, when everyone was younger, it truly feels that perhaps the happy has been all used up.
This is the time you _need_ to worship, even if “worship” only means “looking”–looking up, to One Who loves you. You don’t “give glory to God” because God has a need for it, but because _you_ have a need for it. When you look at the Mighty One, His mightiness can begin to seep into you. Once you realize that you have not an ounce of strength left, then… then!
Look down, at the glow-in-the-dark bracelet on your wrist–is it glowing? That means it’s night-time, and Jesus did say not to doubt in the dark, what you trusted in the light. And what does it say on the bracelet? “GOD-Strong” (Eph. 6:10-11), which is how much better than you-strong? How much?
Maybe the rose-colour is simply one side of the picture, and both sides can be true.
- the sun rises every. day.
- God loves me so much, no matter how fat I am :P
- a cat can be so so happy, just from a little petting
- the fragrance of the Linden blossoms
- there are moments in every day for resting
- God speaks so clearly in His Word
- my body is not sick, as much as I mistreat it
- people recover from exhaustion, again and again, and can keep going and get lots done
- the world hasn’t come to an end just because we don’t have our wonderful pastor anymore
- bacteria grows into such delicious yogurt, without very much effort!
“Don’t waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness. Expose these things for the sham they are.” (Eph. 5:11)