I wonder how many of you ever get a “wind chill warning” in your weather report? Yep, we’re Canadian! The wind chill today is -30 C, which is -20 F. Minus 20 (Celsius) is where our thermometer is at right now.
So, Bad Thing #4: what’s good about cold? EASY!
- It’s so nice and warm in here!
- more reason to drink MORE hot coffee
- It’s usually a bright sunny day, when it’s this cold (yep!)
- There’s a perfect excuse not to go OUT.
- When you do have to go out, it feels so good to get back inside.
- If you’re feeling groggy, cold can wake you up, even put a brisk purpose into your step!
“Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me,
awake and ready for me each morning,
alert and responsive as I start my day’s work.
When you find me, you find life, real life,
to say nothing of GOD’s good pleasure.
But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul;
when you reject me, you’re flirting with death.”
(from Proverbs 8)
Lord, we pray for those who don’t have a warm place, or a place to belong.