That would be because:
- it’s very wet and raining outside
- The Mom is finding it a huge job to move to a new computer/new operating system
- she’s very tired from playing Scramble all the time (awwww–poor, hard-working person!)
- The Student hasn’t been home for almost 2 weeks, and doesn’t plan on it for another week (must be the longest stretch yet!)
- we still have that “tired of everything” feeling
- The Dad just lost another brother-in-law (Thunder Bay), who died yesterday of liver failure… not someone we’ve ever had a lot of contact with, but we have “known” him for many years.
And, just when The Mom has joined the Facebook group: “idowhateveriwant”, she comes across this verse this morning, from Proverbs 12: “Fools are headstrong and do what they like”! That was just to make her laugh, of course, but the next one she really needs to listen to the next time she sits down to play too much Scramble:
“And as Christ’s soldier, do not let yourself become tied up in the affairs of this life, for then you cannot satisfy the one who has enlisted you in his army.” (2 Timothy 2:4) The discipline of being in the Forces… how would we really survive that, I wonder?
Walk to Rivendell: Pippin was just thinking about “bed”, but a BLACK RIDER is heard again!! (What a match!)
(Sheesh! Just noticed yesterday’s spelling error, in the title of all places! Guess we really WERE in a hurry!)