The great thing about not feeling quite up to par, is that all the kazillions of things that need doing don’t bother you–since you just can’t do them!
The Mom has gone and hurt her back. So here are the test questions:
- how long to wait, to see if it will correct itself?
- not very long, since these things can easily be made worse… looking for chiropractor today.
- Look over Club plans for tonight: be ready to call another leader in case we’ll be late… or absent.
- Cook supper–not much choice here; eating out is not an option for now. This supper has to simmer for 45 minutes (spaghetti sauce made with tomatoe juice)–The Dad will be cutting the spaghetti squash.
- Putting away laundry is not hard, nor is devilling the eggs–but there may not be time, with a chiropractor appointment on the schedule.
- Getting ready for Small Group can be done of an evening.
- The ‘Walk’ may have to be a bit shorter today.
Next thing to do though, is make The Student some breakfast!
Some neat verses we read this morning:
“Repeat these basic essentials over and over to God’s people. Warn them before God against pious nitpicking, which chips away at the faith. It just wears everyone out. Concentrate on doing your best for God, work you won’t be ashamed of, laying out the truth plain and simple. Stay clear of pious talk that is only talk. Words are not mere words, you know. If they’re not backed by a godly life, they accumulate as poison in the soul…” (2 Timothy 2:14-17)
Walk to Rivendell: As we continue, the trees are mostly oaks, a few elms, and ash. Drops of rain begin to fall.