Just because we’re happy about our new home and excited about moving, doesn’t mean that everything is perfect of course.
- As much as we complain about the TTC, it was pretty accessible, and very close to our home; not so in Ottawa. We were going to be careful about that, but kind of forgot why it was important.
- We were really loving First Alliance Church here in Toronto; besides needing to find something to “fall in love with” again, in Ottawa, we’ll never have a church that we can almost walk to again.
- The property taxes in Ottawa are about twice what they are here. (However, the car insurance will go down substantially!)
- As much as our new home charmed us, it doesn’t have a screened-in porch! Oh, and the fireplace you can only see and feel, not smell and hear. :P
- We’ll never have my parents sleeping-over for the weekend again! (Because they live too close.) ;)
Yes, I’m just a worry-wort, I know. But only for a few minutes at a time! I find comfort in reminding myself that all these things are of tiny importance when you think of the world-scheme of things, of God working among unreached peoples for example. On the other hand, when I know that there is a purpose for even my little corner of the universe, and that everything is working towards that purpose…
“We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God’s purpose prevails.” (Proverbs 19:21)