It feels like tomorrow will be the culmination of aaallll the Moving! We’ve invited everyone (and I mean everyone) to come to a “Drop-In Celebration” tomorrow, so we can show off our new home, and so that we can have treats. It was just a Facebook invitation, so it’ll be interesting to see how many come. It doesn’t matter, because the treats can be put away, if there are any left over after WE eat them. :D
Somewhere in that invitation, about 3 weeks ago, was a mention that everything may not be perfect yet. But, it’s amazing how many things ARE perfect, already! When I think of all that we’ve done since we moved in July 3rd–Wow! Really, there are just a couple of “move jobs” left to do:
- adjust the nail positions for the wall pictures/hangings (which will also involve filling/fixing holes), and
- make curtains for Sam’s French Doors;
- oh yeah, and read over the manuals that came with the house (and perhaps try cooking with the convection oven that’s not my Toronto microwave oven).
- Oh–I thought of one more: learn about my various shrubs & trees! So far I’m pretty sure I have a Dogwood, a Nine Bark, Purple Sandcherry; as well as Spruce, Oak, the Hot Tub Smoke Tree, and of course the huge Maple out front.
As I said before, there will also be new experiences for a whole year, as we go through each season. I’m looking forward to:
- hot tubbing in the Winter,
- unpacking the Christmas boxes,
- seeing what blossoms my shrubs produce in the Spring–
- but first, seeing their Fall glory,
- planting what *I* want in the yard,
- having visits from old friends and family that haven’t made it yet (starting tomorrow!)
“Do you see what we’ve got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful, but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God. For God is not an indifferent bystander.” (Hebrews 12:28)