“Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, …” (1 Chronicles 28:20) That was my memory verse a couple of years ago. I gave up memorizing, because I could never remember last month’s verse once I went on to the next one… Maybe I’ve got enough verses in my mind already from when I was a kid. Even if the exact references aren’t there, nowadays you can just do a search!
Anyway, that verse sure fits for a lot of different times in one’s life, doesn’t it? “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task“. There have been many, many times that I thought it just couldn’t be done, by me. But (with a little push from Rej), I did it (with his help). Recently of course, it was the move.
Yeah, any time it feels like the day’s tasks are huge, I should just remember that! Today:
- clean up last night’s dishes, since I was too tired yesterday to do them;
- clean up the turkey carcass from last night’s dinner (much easier to do when it’s cold);
- do laundry all day, including changing the beds;
- one of the sheets needs mending;
- do the sweeping and floor-washing that I was too busy raking & running to do yesterday (Raking and Running…)
- it’s time to change my fanny-pack-style purse to the Winter one;
- hopefully get time to work on some of the thousands of photos that I’m behind on!
Ach, that’s not much at all!