Gee, people are putting up their Christmas trees before me! I wanted to wait until after Small Group at our place on Thursday, in case it’s too early for some of them. After all, it IS only November! (Not that I haven’t put mine up in November before.) But I’m finding little things to do, to get ready; like moving things around to make room.
Meanwhile, my list of things to buy in the after-Christmas sales is firming up. I’ve been working on this (in my mind) ever since we moved in of course.
- hand towells (ours are getting very old, plus, we have more bathrooms now),
- something to hang kitchen utensils/spoons on (with a proper tile backdrop, we can’t put them on the wall),
- nice door matts… maybe,
- a large pie plate (my stoneware version broke in the move–it was cracked anyway)
- large paintings (2 or 3) for the walls–have to take my time about this one, and only get something very special,
- large blanket for the extra guest room, just in case we ever have more than one guest,
- I’ve finally decided exactly what plants I’m going to get, to start; looking at what the previous owners had helped me: a german ivy and a golden ivy for on top of the kitchen cabinets, and a Christmas (or Easter) cactus for on top of the movable kitchen cupboard (exactly what they had).
Today’s verse: “Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God.” (2 Peter 1:3)