Now to do the “fearless” thing again… #myonewordFearless. I didn’t make as many notes this time, distracted I guess!
Here are the scripture verses:
- “Don’t be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies. There’s nothing they can do to your soul, your core being. Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life—body and soul—in his hands.” (Matthew 10:28)
- “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
- “Do not, therefore, fling away your [fearless] confidence, for it has a glorious and great reward. >For you have need of patient endurance [to bear up under difficult circumstances without compromising], so that when you have carried out the will of God, you may receive and enjoy to the full what is promised.” (Hebrews 10:35, 36)
- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:6–7) >> ONE sentence, meaning PRIDE is the cause of anxiety… not wanting to admit we need help (from Piper)
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, and the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, and though the mountains tremble at its swelling.” (Psalm 46:1-3)
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
- “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.” (Psalm 96:1-6)
- “When I am afraid I will trust in you. In God’s word I trust.” (Psalm 56:3-4)
- “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8)
Lots of verses, in several different versions! I tried not to duplicate any, from previous months. Here are the quotes:
- “Give me grace to see Beyond this moment here. To believe that there is nothing left to fear…” (song, The Greatness of our God)
- “Not one of us knows for sure that we have what it takes to deal with what will happen to us a few days from now—or even a few minutes from now… All we have is what’s sufficient for this moment. With that knowledge, we can relax, relying on the effectiveness of our Shepherd to provide whatever we need in the future.” (Ray Vander Laan, “Echoes of His Presence”
- “God works salvation as his people live by faith in fearful times” (Pastor Jonathan); He causes fearful times in order for people to see his power, and their faith to grow; not in spite of circumstances, but through them (we see this repeated in stories of the Bible)–sermon notes
And that’s it! Now to decide which verse to memorize.