Feeling very vague on what I wanted to do with my One Word this year (FEARLESS), I simply made note every day that I came across the idea (which was not every day). Now that it’s a new month and time to read over this “fearless journal”, it’s a hard decision to pick and choose over the ideas and discard some or take out the most meaningful for the month. At least for January, I want to keep it all! So, how about some sorting fun? :D
Here are the Bible verses:
- “And he said, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.’” Also, “Let us pray that this year we will ‘always give ourselves fully to the work of the Lord, knowing that our labour in the Lord is not in vain’ (see 1 Corinthians 15:58)”, from Operation World. (not properly referenced, sorry)
- “…Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deut. 31:6)
- Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?“” (Hebrews 13:5-6 ESV)
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7) (***This one should go on a photo… or have I done it already??)
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10 NIV)
- “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.” (Proverbs 18:10), one of my favourite verses. How is the “name of the Lord” a strong tower? (I know, but don’t think of it): “the name…” refers to His identity, and as I begin to think of God’s identity, I dwell on His wonderful attributes… like His strong love for me, and his ability and desire to look after me; his excellent purposes, etc.
Here are the SONG LYRICS:
–“I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm, my help is on the way…”
–“When I fear my faith will fail, Christ will hold me fast;
When the tempter would prevail, He will hold me fast.
I could never keep my hold through life’s fearful path;
For my love is often cold; He must hold me fast.” From The Met; Term “he will hold me fast” is found in Ps. 139:10 NIV
–“As I walk now through the valley
Let your love rise above every fear
Like the sun shaping the shadow
In my weakness your glory appears” (Beautiful words to song, in Murray’s Musings)
QUOTE: “We have no idea what God has planned for us just beyond our fear, but it will be a life-expanding adventure full of meaning.” (Patsy Clairmont)
As for things to cause fear this past month? Well, beyond fearing for the happiness and (spiritual) well-being of loved ones, consider these (not my fears in particular):
- fires in Australia
- discussion about the oceans boiling because of climate change etc.
- coronavirus! (Which finally seems to be just a little bit less in the news!)
By the way, to speak to my fears for loved ones, God has just encouraged me in my praying for them: the thing I always ask most is for people to read God’s Word, and there was a CLEAR answer to that for one particular person in our small group, last week! Thank you God!
Now, how in the world do I choose from that list of such wonderful scripture verses, for this month’s memory verse?! Maybe I’ll think about it some more… maybe you can guess better than me, which one I’ll choose!